So you've done something dumb and deleted your task bar or “Shelf” as it is called in E17. Now what?
- Log into the system.
- Once on the first desktop you are in E17 with a Nautilus background to get to the E17 desktop hold the “alt” key, left click on your mouse, and drag
that desktop aside.
- In the E17 desktop left click on your mouse and the Main menu appears.
- Scroll down to “Configuration”.
- Click on “Shelves”.
- In “Shelf Settings” click “Add”.
- Then click on the newly added “shelf 0” and click “Configure”.
- Configure the Shelf in the size and position you desire.
- Click “Apply”.
- You should now see your task bar or “Shelf”.
- Don't do that again.
This howto was written by Heather Simpson, Fixstars.