Follow this procedure only if you are experiencing issues or want the new functionality provided by the most recent updates.
Note that this procedure requires a reboot of the PowerStation; plan to complete the update accordingly.
Changes in this release
- Enable WOL after 5 second Power Off Delay timer has popped.
- Added 2nd dump of LCK4013 regs during power on sequence (for debug).
- Cleaned up debug messages.
- Improved console switch delay time based on J22 jumper.
- Updated help on BMC debug menu.
- Added escape sequences ESC+(+P+0 and ESC+(+P+1 for remote power off/on controls.
- Removed CTRL+D closing out BMC debug menu.
- YDL PowerStation
- YDL 6.1
To update the BMC:
- Connect to the PowerStation. Do not ssh in to the PowerStation, as you may lose connectivity during the update. You must run the update locally on the PowerStation (using a keyboard, monitor and mouse) or remotely by connecting via serial console.
- Log in to YDL as root user and open a terminal window.
- Run the following command:
modprobe ipmi_si type=kcs ports=0x0ca8 regspacings=4
- Download the zip file to a convienent location on the PowerStation (i.e. /tmp directory) by typing the following command:
- Unzip the downloaded file by running the following command:
tar -zxvf PS_BMC_Flash.tgz
- This will extract the image and binary files to the /tmp directory.
- Run the following command to update and initiate a reboot of the PowerStation:
cd /tmp/BMC_flashNote that you will hear the fans in the PowerStation spin to maximum speed. This is normal and will last for the duration of the update.
./lflash -c reboot
- The PowerStation will reboot automatically after the update is complete.
This HOWTO was written by Aaron Johnson and Bonnie Gosler, Fixstars.