Installing the Cell SDK on YDL
The run time environment of the open portion of the IBM Cell SDK is with Yellow Dog Enterprise Linux installed by default. The open Cell SDK developer tools may be found in the RPMs directory of the Install DVD.
These tools can be installed by selecting “Software Development” packages during installation or, after installation, via yum using the following command:
yum groupinstall "Development Tools"Where to Get Additional Libraries
To acquire additional libraries:
- Register to acquire a username and passsword for the DeveloperWorks website. This is required before you can download any SDK resources.
- You can acquire the SDK ISO from the following page of the IBM DeveloperWorks website:
- Download the SDK ISO and save the ISO to a convenient location. For example, save the ISO to the /tmp directory on the system.
To install additional libraries:
- Open a terminal window and change to user root:
- Make a temporary directory:
- Change to the directory in which the ISO is located. For example, if the ISO was downloaded to /tmp, type:
- Mount the ISO. For example, replacing iso_name.iso with the name of the ISO, type:
mount -o loop iso_name.iso /tmp/sdk
- Change to the ISO directory by typing:
- To install all of the SDK RPMs, type:
yum localinstall '*'