Before you can use yum for the first time, you must configure it for authentication with YDL.net. This is accomplished by running the configure-ydlnet-cli script, which will back up your current repo files and create new repo files that contain your authentication information and that point to the YDL.net repos. Before you begin, have your YDL.net username and password ready.
To configure yum:
- Log in as root user to the system running YDEL.
- Open a terminal window.
- Type the following command to run the yum configuration script:
- When prompted, enter your YDL.net username and password.
- The script will back up your current yum repo files and create the new repo files. The new repo files will only be readable by root so as not to compromise your YDL.net password security.
- You are now ready to use yum to update YDEL.